Feeling lost? TEBI can help you to find an evidence-based financial adviser or financial planner.
How does it work?
- Above, submit your name and email, then click on the button to complete the questionnaire. This will allow us to find the most suitable adviser for you.
- We will then email you to tell you about the adviser we have found for you. Or, if you haven’t completed the questionnaire, we will remind you!
- When we tell you about the adviser we have found for you, we will also ask you to confirm that you are happy for the adviser to contact you directly.
- Just confirm that you’re happy to go ahead, then we will confirm with the adviser that they can contact you.
- At this point, you are handed over to the adviser. If you have only provided an email address, first contact will be by email. If you provide a phone number, they may choose to call you.
What to do if you don’t receive a response
Please check your spam/junk folder for our response.
Microsoft email addresses, including Outlook, Hotmail, Live, or MSN, are known to send email from unknown senders straight to spam.
When you complete the above form, the first response will typically come from either:
- James Cresswell: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Robin Powell: email@example.com.
How does TEBI select advisers?
We will only put you in touch with financial advisers or financial planners who:
- Use an investment approach based on peer reviewed, academic evidence
- Are transparent about fees and conflicts of interest
- Service clients based on a commitment to fiduciary responsibility
- Provide the service(s) you need
- Can conduct meetings via online video call*.
*If this isn’t an option for you, we will try to ensure that the adviser we recommend is based in your region.